- Introduction to HfCF Intervention Resources
- Engagement and goal setting
- Modifying abusive and neglectful parenting
- Promoting children and young people’s health, development and wellbeing
- Promoting attachment, attuned responsiveness and positive emotional relationships
- Promoting positive parenting
- Working with children and young people: Addressing emotional and traumatic responses
- Working with children and young people: Addressing disruptive behaviour
- Working with families
- Working with child sexual abuse
Working with child sexual abuse
Intervention guide editor: Hilary Eldridge
The approach includes ways of empowering protective parents with knowledge and tools to plan an active part in their children’s recovery and future protection by understanding what sexual abuse is and protecting children from potentially harmful contexts. The guide supports the practitioner in their work with:
- parents and carers to promote the safety of children and young people who have been harmed sexually in the family or by a trusted member of the community
- parents and carers where their child has been responsible for harmful sexual behaviour, so they have relevant information, including about categories, origins and functions of harmful sexual behaviour, what behaviour is age appropriate and what is of concern
- children under 12 who have displayed harmful sexual behaviour, enabling collaborative work with children and their parents/carers to change inappropriate behaviours, and with children to learn positive ways of managing their sexuality
- adolescents (aged 12+) who have displayed harmful sexual behaviour, enabling the practitioner to work collaboratively with the young person and their parents/carers to enhance protective factors, help young people to develop appropriately with age appropriate sexual knowledge and understanding of what is OK and not OK, and know how to stay safe in the future
The guide can be purchased from Child and Family Training at a cost of £25.00 per copy plus postage and packing.
Download previews of the guide:
Cost for delivering a one day course are:
- Fees for a group of 12 trainees (including a copy of this guide per person) – £1,080.00 plus trainer's expenses + VAT.
- Fees for a group of 24 trainees (including a copy of this guide per person) – £2,160.00 plus trainer's expenses + VAT.
If you wish to discuss any training courses or require further information please contact us.