Analysis and Decision-Making
Experienced professionals with responsibility for making or contributing to assessments of children and families where there are ongoing safeguarding concerns, including staff in children’s social care, health and education, and expert witnesses, children’s guardians and independent social workers.
Training professionals to use the Safeguarding Assessment and Analysis Framework (SAAF), the course builds on our training in the use of standardised assessment tools, and is designed to equip professionals to make evidence-based assessments and plans in complex cases where there are ongoing safeguarding concerns.
By the end of the training, participants should be able to:
- make evidence-based assessments and plans in complex cases where there are ongoing safeguarding concerns
- apply the SAAF model for assessment and intervention in safeguarding cases in their own practice
- evaluate the level of strengths and difficulties in the safeguarding context using the domains and dimensions of the Assessment Framework triangle
- assess the level of harm or likelihood of harm to the child, and create a profile of harm
- make a systemic analysis of the factors and processes leading to harm as well as maintaining protective and resilience factors
- assess and analyse the risks of re-abuse or likelihood of future harm to the child or young person and the prospects for successful intervention
- Duration: 2 days
- Fees for a group of 12 trainees (including course materials) – £2,160.00 plus trainer's expenses + VAT
- Fees for a group of 24 trainees (including course materials) – £4,320.00 plus trainer's expenses + VAT
Contact us to discuss your agency’s or individual training needs, costs and any other questions.