London Conference: Exploring the perspectives of children and young people
International One Day Conference hosted by the University of Liverpool & Child and Family Training in London on 26th June 2019.
This one-day conference brought together some of the latest international developments in research and practice with the In My Shoes computer-assisted interview and associated Apps for handheld devices. Participants heard how these can be used to help children and young people communicate about emotions and events, including both positive and adverse experiences.
Presentations summarised some of the key aspects of development, research and validation of these approaches. Workshops covered specific examples from practice in childcare and child protection, family courts, special educational needs, planning interventions with children and young people and applications in both physical and mental health.
- Conference programme: Exploring the perspectives of children and young people
- Conference presentation: Children's experiences of living with a parent with bipolar disorder – Rachel Calam
- Conference presentation: How to In My Shoes and the associated apps help children and professional communicate – David Glasgow
- Conference presentation: Validation of a computer assisted approach for interviewing children – Karin Fangstrom and Anton Dahlberg
- Conference presentation: Using In My Shoes for assessments in the Family Courts – Vicki Hamilton
- Conference presentation: Using In My Shoes in schools to work with children and young people who may be difficult to engage – Sheila Groth Larsen
- Conference presentation: Experiences of using In My Shoes in a family counselling office in Norway – Geir Vik
- Conference presentation: How can digital technology be used to improve communication about pain? – Rebecca Lee
- Conference presentation: Understanding the perspectives of children and young people suffering abuse, trauma, health and emotional problems - Arnon Bentovim
- Workshop presentation: How to use In My Shoes in mediation between parents who are breaking up their partner relationship to provide an agreement about permanent residence, visits, cooperation and communication – Geir Vik
- Workshop presentation: Using My Pain Tracker to improve assessment and communication about pain in juvenile idiopathic arthritis – Rebecca Lee and Phil Jimmieson
- Workshop presentation: Using In My Shoes for child protection and in family courts: issues and techniques – David Glasgow and Vicki Hamilton